I have hard water
When a user refers to water “quality", frequently he or she first mentions its “hardness", i.e. its lime concentration.
This concentration depends on the region, the geology of the area, sometimes the locality, the pumped water sources and the water treatment methods used by upstream distribution companies, i.e. before its point of entry into buildings and points of use: taps and pipework.
Regardless of whether the water is for industrial, small business or private use, the hardness of tap water gives rise to undesirable effects with a variety of consequences …
These undesirable effects affect all of us in all aspects of our lives.
UNDESIRABLE EFFECTS OF HARD WATER
Make sure your water is free of lime with suitable treatment solutions !
Here are some domestic and personal areas where treatment can be applied :
- Electric water heater, solar water heater, gas water heater, boiler ;
- Domestic hot water system, pumps ;
- Hot water heating system/pipework/sanitary fittings ;
- Tap/single-lever mixer tap/mixer tap/shower head/tap nozzle/water saving devices ;
- Sanitary equipment (bath, shower, washbasin and flush toilet) ;
- Domestic cold water system ;
- Washing machine, dishwasher ;
- Small household appliances (steam iron, coffee machine, kettle, air humidifier, etc) ;
- Waste water disposal systems.
By eliminating lime from the water, water softeners are still a simple and reliable solution for eliminating limescale throughout the household and for providing consumers with the benefits of soft water.
The proven benefits of using soft water include improved comfort, improved well-being and physical sensations, better equipment performance, energy savings, financial savings and reduced pollution.
Although all water softeners work on the same ion exchange principle (or the sodium cycle), different types of appliances are available on the market, distinguished essentially by the valve technology applied, water and salt consumption for regeneration, the regeneration triggering method (by time, by volume, by anticipated volume, etc.) and by certificates of compliance with particular standards.
The advantages of soft water
Water softening prevents the formation of limescale: part of the minerals that form it are removed from the water; they can no longer cause the solid, whitish deposits better known as fur or limescale.
Water softeners provide truly soft water, protect pipework and all domestic applications and provide the comfort of soft water (for skin, laundry, etc.).
protect your equipment from limescale (coffee machine, kettle, dishwasher, steam iron, boiler, etc.),
- eliminate white marks around your taps and the walls of your shower cabinets, etc.,
- restore natural suppleness and shine to your hair,
- protect your skin and avoid certain skin disorders,
- reduce your consumption of washing products (washing powders, detergents, water softeners, etc.),
- avoid coarse, dull laundry and keep it in good condition for a longer time,
- extend the life of your car battery.
Operational life of equipment: water softening avoids :
- clogged system pipework,
- scaling of the heating element in water tanks,
- reduced boiler output (avoids scaling of the heating element),
- abrasion and sludge in heating systems,
- longer-lasting tap washers,
- prevents clogging of bath and shower tubes and nozzles (water jets, hydromassage, etc.).