The Professional Chamber, made up of elected volunteers, is structured around :
- an Office, consisting of a President, two Vice-Presidents, a Treasurer, an assistant Treasurer and the Secretary General,
- a Management Board comprising nine to fifteen members
Guy DE MOL
UAE also collaborates with various colleges, committees and task forces who work throughout the year on highly specialized issues.
The two UAE Colleges :
- Collective and Industry
UAE Standing Committees :
Technical and Regulatory Committee :
- This Committee takes part in different commissions and task forces organised by the authorities.
- It supports the work of OISTE (International Observatory of Water Treatment Science), which arose out of this Committee.
- Its objective is to collect, analyse and summarise scientific studies and evidence (gathered in France and internationally) in order to support and “objectify" the position of our professionals.
- It expresses the “technical opinions" of the Professional Chamber.
- It runs the training courses offered by the Professional Chamber.
- It provides interdisciplinary support and expertise in specific issues to the other Committees, particularly in the area of internal and external communication.
Internal Communications Committee :
- Creates and distributes all of the information materials intended for UAE members in various registers (for associations, technical, regulatory, social, etc.).
- In addition, it is responsible for the maintenance and development of the organisation's website www.uae.fr.
Joint UAE/CSF “Salt and Water Treatment" Committee :
- Answers, on behalf of the UAE, any questions that might arise concerning the use of salt and water softening.
Research Ethics Committee :
- Ensures that users respect the Charter of Ethics and the professional, legislative and regulatory rules.
- Evaluates and responds to any complaint received from a member or an external person.
- Promotes the device's traceability system among its members.
- Reviews new membership applications.
- Contributes to the development and efficient running of the training programme offered by UAE, known as the CCP “Certificate of Professional Competence", and of the “Business Qualification".
External Communications Committee :
- Designs and edits all of the information materials intended for an external audience.
- Its principle objectives are to raise awareness of and promote UAE's main initiatives to benefit the profession, and to communicate current key issues to both institutional and professional communities, and to the general public.
Finance Committee :
Oversees UAE's accounts.
“Portable devices" Committee :
- Reviews the standardisation work referred to as the “water supply" sector.